opal - Re: [Opal] OPAL-cycl and 'afterEachTurn'

opal AT lists.psi.ch

Subject: The OPAL Discussion Forum

Re: [Opal] OPAL-cycl and 'afterEachTurn'

  • From: jjyang <jianjun.yang AT psi.ch>
  • To: opal AT lists.psi.ch
  • Cc: Suzie Sheehy <suzie.sheehy AT stfc.ac.uk>
  • Subject: Re: [Opal] OPAL-cycl and 'afterEachTurn'
  • Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 18:20:52 +0100

Hi Suzie,

You are right, in the file afterEachTurn, 'turn' is defined by per
STEPSPERTURN steps. If the field map is not perfectly isochronous, it is not
exactly after 360degree.
One can see this as a disadvantage when use time as the independent variable,
but it is vital to calculate space charge fields.
You can found several papers discussing on this issues.

Their are three output files Angle0.dat, Angle1.dat and Angle2.dat, which
record the particle parameters at 0 deg, pi/8 deg and pi/4 deg respectively.
You can use these files to check the closed orbit and minimise phase space
area.
You can checked isochronicity by observe the acceleration phase when switch
on the RF cavity.

You can use PROBE element to output data at a physical position.

Cheers,
Jianjun

在 2012-2-15,下午4:23, Suzie Sheehy 写道: