opal - RE: [Opal] MINSTEPFORREBIN

opal AT lists.psi.ch

Subject: The OPAL Discussion Forum

RE: [Opal] MINSTEPFORREBIN

  • From: "Russell, Steven J" <srussell AT lanl.gov>
  • To: Andreas Adelmann <andreas.adelmann AT psi.ch>, "Kuske, Bettina" <bettina.kuske AT helmholtz-berlin.de>
  • Cc: "opal AT lists.psi.ch" <opal AT lists.psi.ch>
  • Subject: RE: [Opal] MINSTEPFORREBIN
  • Date: Fri, 4 May 2012 16:46:22 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Bettina,

Also note that while you have energy bins, you also are performing the image charge calculation. As soon as a rebin is done, the image charge calculation stops.

Like Andreas said, MINSTEPFORREBIN will go away soon. But for now what I do is first set MINSTEPFORREBIN to a very large value (1000000 or so) and run a track with a ZSTOP set to a location that is far enough from the cathode that I am confident that the image charge field is relatively small. I then set MINSTEPFORREBIN = 1 and then do a follow up track. Depending on what value you've set for the rebin minimal energy spread, the code will typically rebin at the start of the follow up track.

Cheers

Steve