opal - [Opal] Fwd: inquiry about code

opal AT lists.psi.ch

Subject: The OPAL Discussion Forum

[Opal] Fwd: inquiry about code

  • From: "Leonid G. Vorobiev" <lgv AT fnal.gov>
  • To: <Opal AT lists.psi.ch>
  • Subject: [Opal] Fwd: inquiry about code
  • Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2013 15:04:20 -0500

Dear Sir/Madam,

Find below, please, my email to A.Adelmann about OPAL codel, sent few min ago.
I have just received a prompt with this Opal AT lists.psi.ch address.
Kindly respond.

Very sincerely,

Leonid Vorobiev

Dear Andreas,

I would like to inquire about the code OPAL, which presumably can be used for electron guns and linacs design. I learned about it from Bruce Carlsten, when we met during couple of conferences this year. He strongly recommended it to me.

So far I was involved primarily in the design of proton and ion machines with emphasis on space charge. If you are interested, I could send my presentations (files or web-links) during last few years. A design of electron machines is quite a new venture for me. Using your code could be an important part in these studies.

If possible, I would like to get an access to OPAL. Can you provide a necessary information, what to do?

Hope, I might be not only a user, but could also contribute to the developments for mutual benefits.
Thank you.

Very sincerely,

Leonid

  • [Opal] Fwd: inquiry about code, Leonid G. Vorobiev, 10/07/2013