opal - [Opal] using OPAL for an RF photoinjector beamline

opal AT lists.psi.ch

Subject: The OPAL Discussion Forum

[Opal] using OPAL for an RF photoinjector beamline

  • From: "Power, John" <JP AT anl.gov>
  • To: "opal AT lists.psi.ch" <Opal AT lists.psi.ch>
  • Subject: [Opal] using OPAL for an RF photoinjector beamline
  • Date: Fri, 29 May 2015 18:26:20 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Hi OPAL'ers,

I have a student starting this summer and would like her to learn OPAL-T (and
eventually contribute to its development later: possibly wakefields and CSR)
to simulate our 75 MeV RF photoinjector beamline {RF photocathode (Cs2Te) gun
followed by some accelerating cavities with the usual elements, quads,
dipoles, solenoids, RF deflecting cavity; superfish for RF cavites; poisson
for solenoids); I am a PARMELA/windows user.}

-What is the best way to get started?
-Does anyone have an input file they could share?
-Is there a community of rf photoinjector OPAL-T users?

Thanks,
John

John Power
High Energy Physics Division