opal - [Opal] Distributions

opal AT lists.psi.ch

Subject: The OPAL Discussion Forum

[Opal] Distributions

  • From: "Pogue Nathaniel Johnston (PSI)" <nathaniel.pogue AT psi.ch>
  • To: opal <opal AT lists.psi.ch>
  • Subject: [Opal] Distributions
  • Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 09:49:17 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US, de-CH

Hello,

I have been looking at various distributions and I have been having some difficulty understanding the method OPAL is calculating the distributions.

First off, in what frame is the input for the distribution to be written? From what I can see it appears that the distribution is always inserted in the global frame, but at times it appears to correlate more to the local frame.

The second question is what is the definition of the frames?  I know OPAL T and OPAL CYC might be different, so please for OPAL CYC  only.