opal - [Opal] MULTIPOLE element in OPAL-T

opal AT lists.psi.ch

Subject: The OPAL Discussion Forum

[Opal] MULTIPOLE element in OPAL-T

  • From: "Bokor Jozef (PSI)" <Jozef.Bokor AT psi.ch>
  • To: opal <opal AT lists.psi.ch>
  • Subject: [Opal] MULTIPOLE element in OPAL-T
  • Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 18:24:58 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US, de-CH

Hello,

I have one question concerning a MULTIPOLE element in OPAL-T. I would need to use this multipole element with a dipole component in order to simulate a combined function magnet. However, in the old OPAL version this multipole element doesnt have any effect on the reference trajectory and using it with dipole element was possible just for defective multipole.
Nowadays, I have seen the release note concerning of the newest OPAL version 1.4.0 which is "adding general multipole field". Is this change concerning with a possibility to have already dipole component overlapped with higher order components in the multipole element? However, when I check the manual I still see that it is not possible to use it with dipole component.  Could somebody help me with this question?

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards
Jozef

  • [Opal] MULTIPOLE element in OPAL-T, Bokor Jozef (PSI), 02/23/2016