opal - [Opal] Particle Trajectory

opal AT lists.psi.ch

Subject: The OPAL Discussion Forum

[Opal] Particle Trajectory

  • From: Nicole Neveu <nneveu AT hawk.iit.edu>
  • To: opal <opal AT lists.psi.ch>
  • Subject: [Opal] Particle Trajectory
  • Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2017 02:02:52 -0500

Hello all,

I'm using v1.6 to track particles through two bending magnets. I would like some more information on what particles are chosen for record in the X-trackOrbit.dat file.
i.e. the manual on pg 42 says ID0 is center (reference particle?), an ID1 is off center. So two questions:

1. is ID1 the particle furthest from ID0?
2. My data is labeled ID1 and ID2 (no ID0).
See attached file. Is ID1 the center in this case?
Or is there a flag I need to set to get the center particle?

Thanks,

Nicole