opal - RE: [Opal] Particle Trajectory

opal AT lists.psi.ch

Subject: The OPAL Discussion Forum

RE: [Opal] Particle Trajectory

  • From: "Rizzoglio Valeria (PSI)" <valeria.rizzoglio AT psi.ch>
  • To: Nicole Neveu <nneveu AT hawk.iit.edu>, opal <opal AT lists.psi.ch>
  • Subject: RE: [Opal] Particle Trajectory
  • Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2017 08:18:30 +0000
  • Accept-language: it-IT, de-CH, en-US

Dear Nicole
are you tracking with OPAL-T or OPAL-Cyc?

If OPAL-T, than the structure of the trackOrbit file does not contain ID0 but only ID1 and ID2.
The idea of this file is to store the trajectories of these two particles that the users are free to set.

This means:
1- distribution from the file:
    you can specified the properties of second (ID1) and third (ID2) particle that you are interested in. In your case one could be the particle describing the dispersion function or the center particle.

2- distribution from OPAL generator without specifying ID1 and ID2:
    the trackOrbit file simply contains the trajectories of the particles that have flag ID1 and ID2 but they have no special meaning. They are just random
    particles from the distribution.

3- distribution from OPAL generator specifying ID1 and ID2:

    DISTRIB1: DISTRIBUTION,
    SIGMAX = xxx,     SIGMAPX = xxx,
    SIGMAY = xxx,      SIGMAPY = xxx,
    SIGMAZ = xxx,      SIGMAPZ = xxx,
    CORRX =  xxx,       CORRY = xxx,      CORRZ =  xxx,

    ID1={x,y,z,px,py,pz}, ID2={x,y,z,px,py,pz}

    DISTRIBUTION = GAUSS, INPUTMOUNITS = NONE;

    In this case, the trackOrbit file will contains the trajectories of these two particles that you
    specified.

I hope this answers to your questions

Valeria