opal - [Opal] Best type of Linux to use with Windows Subsystem for Linux

opal AT lists.psi.ch

Subject: The OPAL Discussion Forum

[Opal] Best type of Linux to use with Windows Subsystem for Linux

  • From: Matt Easton 董昊 <matt.easton AT pku.edu.cn>
  • To: <opal AT lists.psi.ch>
  • Subject: [Opal] Best type of Linux to use with Windows Subsystem for Linux
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2018 11:39:07 +0800

Hi there,

As a follow-up from my last message, it looks like getting OPAL to work on Cygwin is going to be more trouble than its worth. So I’m looking into Windows Subsystem for Linux.

There seem to be three flavours of Linux available for easy install in Windows: Ubuntu, OpenSUSE, and SLES. There is not a Red Hat-based option available there, although it may be possible to install manually.

Does anyone have a suggestion on which type to use?

Thanks again,

Matt