opal AT lists.psi.ch
Subject: The OPAL Discussion Forum
- From: Matt Easton 董昊 <matt.easton AT pku.edu.cn>
- To: "'Christof Metzger-Kraus'" <christof.j.kraus AT gmail.com>
- Cc: <opal AT lists.psi.ch>
- Subject: RE: [Opal] OPAL on Cygwin?
- Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2018 09:00:52 +0800
- Organization: Peking University 北京大学
That sounds it might be the root of the problem! Thanks!
I’ve tried to use the Cygwin package manager where possible, but this means some of the packages may not have the correct options set. It seems very likely that this is the cause. I’ll uninstall hdf5 and the reinstall it from the recipe on the OPAL wiki, see if that sorts me out.
Thanks to suggestions from others as well. I wasn’t aware of the Windows Subsystem for Linux until now—if I didn’t already have lots of stuff set up in Cygwin, I think that would be the best way forward for me. I’ll try again in Cygwin, and if all fails, try to install Linux via the WSL.
Thanks for the help!
On Thursday, January 25, 2018 6:09 AM, Christof Metzger-Kraus [mailto:christof.j.kraus AT gmail.com] wrote:
do you use the hdf library that comes with cygwin? I could be wrong but I think the problem is that cygwin hdf5 library wasn't compiled with support for parallel execution. I'll try to compile it myself.
Am 23.01.2018 8:44 vorm. schrieb "Matt Easton 董昊" <matt.easton AT pku.edu.cn>:
- Re: [Opal] OPAL on Cygwin?, Adelmann Andreas (PSI), 01/23/2018
- <Possible follow-up(s)>
- [Opal] OPAL on Cygwin?, Matt Easton 董昊, 01/23/2018
- Re: [Opal] OPAL on Cygwin?, Chris Rogers, 01/23/2018
- Re: [Opal] OPAL on Cygwin?, Christof Metzger-Kraus, 01/24/2018
- RE: [Opal] OPAL on Cygwin?, Matt Easton 董昊, 01/25/2018
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.19.