opal - RE: [Opal] CMake error while configuring OPAL

opal AT lists.psi.ch

Subject: The OPAL Discussion Forum

RE: [Opal] CMake error while configuring OPAL

  • From: Matt Easton 董昊 <matt.easton AT pku.edu.cn>
  • To: <opal AT lists.psi.ch>
  • Cc: "'Christof Metzger-Kraus'" <christof.j.kraus AT gmail.com>
  • Subject: RE: [Opal] CMake error while configuring OPAL
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2018 15:18:35 +0800

Thanks for the help, Christof. You helped me get started as to what to look for.

Adding the [a-zA-Z] on line 11 did get rid of the first error ok, but the second error still persisted. Adding some messages to CMakeLists.txt, I could see that the $HOSTNAME variable itself wasn’t set at the time that line 11 was trying to read it. I don’t understand why, as this variable is definitely accessible from the bash terminal. I added the following code before line 11 to get the hostname:

cmake_host_system_information(RESULT HOSTNAME QUERY HOSTNAME)

This seemed to do the job. The configuration completed, although I did get the following warnings:

CMake Warning (dev) at CMakeLists.txt:160 (set):

  Cannot set "OPAL_LIBS": current scope has no parent.

This warning is for project developers.  Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.

CMake Warning (dev) at CMakeLists.txt:161 (set):

  Cannot set "OPAL_CXX_FLAGS": current scope has no parent.

This warning is for project developers.  Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.

I then went on to try and compile OPAL. I got a whole host of errors saying that certain files are not in the right place, specifically Ippl.h and Utility/Inform.h. I found these files in ippl/src, but not really knowing what an ippl is, I didn’t want to just move stuff around…

At this point, I think I am going to give up on my naïve notion of quickly compiling and running the code before understanding it, and I need to plough into the documentation and work out how the application is put together. I will need to do this at some stage anyway, and rather than continue to take up your time by troubleshooting installation issues, I can use this time to understand the different parts of the code.

Thanks everyone for the help.

Regards,

Matt