opal - Re: [Opal] OPAL-T dipole problem

opal AT lists.psi.ch

Subject: The OPAL Discussion Forum

Re: [Opal] OPAL-T dipole problem

  • From: Christof Metzger-Kraus <christof.j.kraus AT gmail.com>
  • To: 석지민 <connecter123 AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: opal AT lists.psi.ch
  • Subject: Re: [Opal] OPAL-T dipole problem
  • Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2018 16:33:03 +0100

Hi Jimin,

the problem is, that the entrance and exit fringe fields overlap. Sofar the algorithm that adapts the default field map to a specific dipole doesn't check whether they overlap. In future versions this will be fixed (working on it). In the meantime you should use manually adapted field maps, see attachment.

I've also attached you a plot that was generated with the current development version of OPAL. It shows regions where particles are considered being inside elements. The eight dipoles should be easily recognizable. Does this layout correctly represent your lattice?

Best regards
christof