opal - Re: [Opal] OPAL Dispersion Issues

opal AT lists.psi.ch

Subject: The OPAL Discussion Forum

Re: [Opal] OPAL Dispersion Issues

  • From: "Nesteruk Konrad Pawel (PSI)" <konrad.nesteruk AT psi.ch>
  • To: Ryan Roussel <roussel AT g.ucla.edu>
  • Cc: "opal AT lists.psi.ch" <opal AT lists.psi.ch>
  • Subject: Re: [Opal] OPAL Dispersion Issues
  • Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2018 09:51:30 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US, de-CH

Dear Ryan,

I also had problems with correct dispersion evaluation. I use OPAL-CYC and in my case the problem was due to the fact that OPAL gives you particle coordinates in time steps and you cannot easily measure the distance between the on-momentum track and the dispersive one (although my “probe” track for the dispersion calculation was only 1% off). I do not know how you evaluate dispersion but make sure you consider the geometrical distance between simulated particles, independent of time. To do this properly, I wrote an algorithm for post-processing. If you think that your problems can be due to the same reason you can contact me privately.

Best regards,
Konrad
Paul Scherrer Institut
Dr. Konrad Pawel Nesteruk