opal - Re: [Opal] OPAL Dispersion Issues

opal AT lists.psi.ch

Subject: The OPAL Discussion Forum

Re: [Opal] OPAL Dispersion Issues

  • From: Christof Metzger-Kraus <christof.j.kraus AT gmail.com>
  • To: Ryan Roussel <roussel AT g.ucla.edu>
  • Cc: opal AT lists.psi.ch
  • Subject: Re: [Opal] OPAL Dispersion Issues
  • Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2018 20:58:33 +0200

Hi Ryan,

you can use the generated python file to create a
- a VTK file (which can be viewed with e. g. ParaView [https://www.paraview.org] or VisIt [https://visit.llnl.gov]),
- a file that can be viewed with Firefox (the other browsers unfortunately don't work) or
- a projection of the lattice that can be plotted using gnuplot (and possibly other plotting tools as well).

I almost exclusively use the last option. Visualizations of the projection of the lattice combined with the reference trajectory helps a lot to debug the input files.

christof