opal - [Opal] FROMFILE distribution (triangle)

opal AT lists.psi.ch

Subject: The OPAL Discussion Forum

[Opal] FROMFILE distribution (triangle)

  • From: Nicole Neveu <nneveu AT hawk.iit.edu>
  • To: opal <opal AT lists.psi.ch>
  • Subject: [Opal] FROMFILE distribution (triangle)
  • Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2018 17:21:12 -0500

Hi All,

Has anyone made a user defined distribution that is shaped like a triangle?
Or any other shape besides a Gaussian?

I'd like to make an input distribution that is triangular in the longitudinal dimension.
Should I start with a Gaussian and apply a filter/cut?
​Is there a standard way of doing this for arbitrary shapes?

This seems somewhat related to the collimator discussion that was going on.
However, now I want to manipulate the longitudinal profile instead of transverse.
Maybe I could make the distribution I want in the transverse, then transpose it to the longitudinal?

I'm using OPAL-T v1.9.

Thanks in advance,

Nicole

  • [Opal] FROMFILE distribution (triangle), Nicole Neveu, 04/25/2018