opal AT lists.psi.ch
Subject: The OPAL Discussion Forum
- From: Nicole Neveu <nneveu AT hawk.iit.edu>
- To: opal <opal AT lists.psi.ch>
- Subject: [Opal] FROMFILE distribution (triangle)
- Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2018 17:21:12 -0500
Has anyone made a user defined distribution that is shaped like a triangle?
Or any other shape besides a Gaussian?
I'd like to make an input distribution that is triangular in the longitudinal dimension.
Should I start with a Gaussian and apply a filter/cut?
Is there a standard way of doing this for arbitrary shapes?
This seems somewhat related to the collimator discussion that was going on.
However, now I want to manipulate the longitudinal profile instead of transverse.
Maybe I could make the distribution I want in the transverse, then transpose it to the longitudinal?
I'm using OPAL-T v1.9.
Thanks in advance,
- [Opal] FROMFILE distribution (triangle), Nicole Neveu, 04/25/2018
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.19.