opal - Re: [Opal] Multi objective optimization

opal AT lists.psi.ch

Subject: The OPAL Discussion Forum

Re: [Opal] Multi objective optimization

  • From: Jochem Snuverink <jochem.snuverink AT psi.ch>
  • To: Anastasiya Bershanska <nastya AT psfc.mit.edu>, <opal AT lists.psi.ch>
  • Subject: Re: [Opal] Multi objective optimization
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2018 10:59:22 +0200

Hi Anastasiya,

Is the calculation of your variable very complicated? If not you can calculate it perhaps in the input file directly? You have a few basic functions available in the EXPR part (sqrt, pow, exp, log, fabs, sin, etc., see https://gitlab.psi.ch/OPAL/Manual-2.0/wikis/optimiser) that you can use on the stat file variables.

The general case is however not possible at the moment. If it is a meaningful variable, we can possibly add it to the .stat file.

Alternatively, you can try to use the SYSTEM command (https://gitlab.psi.ch/OPAL/Manual-2.0/wikis/control) at the end of each run. This executes a system call, and if you do your calculation in a separate program and write it to file, you can read in this file again with "fromFile". This is untested, but I believe it should work.

hope this helps,
Jochem