opal - [Opal] FROMFILE Distribution Bug

opal AT lists.psi.ch

Subject: The OPAL Discussion Forum

[Opal] FROMFILE Distribution Bug

  • From: Ryan Roussel <roussel AT g.ucla.edu>
  • To: "opal AT lists.psi.ch" <opal AT lists.psi.ch>
  • Subject: [Opal] FROMFILE Distribution Bug
  • Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2018 14:47:37 -0500

Hello,
I am trying to do a simulation with a loaded beam profile using the "FROMFILE" type with an injected beam. It seems that opal is loading an extra particle at the 6D origin of the simulation which causes tracking issues as it has no energy so it lags behind the real bunch. I can provide relevant simulation files for verification if necessary.
Thanks,
Ryan