opal - Re: [Opal] Fwd: Question about OPAL input file

opal AT lists.psi.ch

Subject: The OPAL Discussion Forum

Re: [Opal] Fwd: Question about OPAL input file

  • From: Tomas Matlocha <matlocha AT ujf.cas.cz>
  • To: opal-request AT lists.psi.ch
  • Cc: "opal AT lists.psi.ch" <Opal AT lists.psi.ch>
  • Subject: Re: [Opal] Fwd: Question about OPAL input file
  • Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2019 18:05:04 +0100
  • Dkim-filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.11.0 mxn.ujf.cas.cz x2CH543x048103

Hi Mael,

the ic.dat file is generated by FIXPO code which is external code for equilibrium orbit calculation and is not part of OPAL.

The Tune calculation implementation to OPAL-cycl itself is currently in progress. It works well for machines with higher tunes i.e. PSI Ring, unfortunately for small machines (my case) the results are not fully relevant yet.

I'm sure there will be some skilled OPAL user who can give you more precise answer.

Best regards,

Tomas