opal - Re: [Opal] Fwd: Question about OPAL input file

opal AT lists.psi.ch

Subject: The OPAL Discussion Forum

Re: [Opal] Fwd: Question about OPAL input file

  • From: "mael.fichou" <mael.fichou AT wanadoo.fr>
  • To: Jochem Snuverink <jochem.snuverink AT psi.ch>
  • Cc: Tomas Matlocha <matlocha AT ujf.cas.cz>, "opal AT lists.psi.ch" <Opal AT lists.psi.ch>
  • Subject: Re: [Opal] Fwd: Question about OPAL input file
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2019 16:28:22 +0200 (CEST)

Dear Jochem,

Sorry to reply so late, I am quite busy by many other activities...

Thank you for your help anyway, but now I have some new question regarding the magnetic field:

- I am using the CARBONCYCL type field map, and am wondering what is the minimum number of values to be used.

- Also, the code you gave below doesnot work with the opal version 20.0.1, see in red below

Dist:DISTRIBUTION, TYPE=GAUSSMATCHED (MATCHEDGAUSS), LINE=Line1, NSTEPS=720, SECTOR=FALSE(error message)

SECTOR = FALSE ------> FALSE = use 360 degrees of the machine
NSTEPS=720         -------> number of integration steps of closed orbit finder

<<

Do you have any clue about when the opal version 20.1 will be functional and downloadable.

Thank you again,

Sincerely,

Mael Fichou

On 12/03/19 18:05, Tomas Matlocha wrote:

> Hi Mael,

> the ic.dat file is generated by FIXPO code which is external code for equilibrium orbit calculation and is not part of OPAL.

> The Tune calculation implementation to OPAL-cycl itself is currently in progress. It works well for machines with higher tunes i.e. PSI Ring, unfortunately for small machines (my case) the results are not fully relevant yet.

> I'm sure there will be some skilled OPAL user who can give you more precise answer.

> Best regards,

> Tomas

Begin forwarded message:

From: mael.fichou <mael.fichou AT wanadoo.fr>

Subject: Question about OPAL input file

Date: 11 March 2019 at 15:06:51 CET

Cc: Vitcher Sarah <vitcher.sarah AT orange.fr>

Hello,

I am Mael Fichou, french engineer working on cyclotron project.

In order to evaluate the use of your OPAL software for our products studies, I am trying to run a tune simulation and am wondering how you obtained the ic.dat file,

Could you advise on what kind of software I could use to obtain these information ? Checking a file example, I don't understand how you generate the third parameter (Pr).

Thank you very much for your help,

Sincerely,

Mael Fichou