opal - Re: [Opal] Extra travel distance added to reference particle data between subsequent attached RF cavities

opal AT lists.psi.ch

Subject: The OPAL Discussion Forum

Re: [Opal] Extra travel distance added to reference particle data between subsequent attached RF cavities

  • From: Christof Metzger-Kraus <christof.j.kraus AT gmail.com>
  • To: Anastasia Ierides <Anastasia.Ierides AT varian.com>
  • Cc: "Adelmann Andreas (PSI)" <andreas.adelmann AT psi.ch>, opal <opal AT lists.psi.ch>
  • Subject: Re: [Opal] Extra travel distance added to reference particle data between subsequent attached RF cavities
  • Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2019 18:52:32 +0100

Hi Anastasia,

could you send us the header of the field map files (first 10 lines or so)? This should be sufficient for now.

Cheers
Christof

Anastasia Ierides <Anastasia.Ierides AT varian.com> schrieb am Do., 19. Dez. 2019, 18:42:
Hi Andreas,

Attached you will find my input files for both cases (with the full linac geometry and the separated linac geometry) as well as a plot of the expected (red) normalized electric field felt by the reference particle, versus what is outputted by OPAL (blue), where the geometry seems to be extended to almost twice the distance. I have looked at the initial distribution file (LINAC1D_DIST.dat) and it shows a spatial increase between the separated cavities, even though the cavities are specified to be one right after the other. I have not attached the field map files here as they are a bit large. Will you need the field map files as well?

Thanks,

Anastasia