opal - [Opal] trajectory through a simple two-rbend dogleg

opal AT lists.psi.ch

Subject: The OPAL Discussion Forum

[Opal] trajectory through a simple two-rbend dogleg

  • From: Philippe Piot <piot AT nicadd.niu.edu>
  • To: opal AT lists.psi.ch
  • Subject: [Opal] trajectory through a simple two-rbend dogleg
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2020 05:40:23 -0600

All,
  I have set up a simple dogleg (see input attached) and cannot understand the trajectory (display below as s versus mean_x. It has kinks at the entrance and exit for both dipoles (at s~0.25, 0.5, 0.75 and 1 m) which seem to coincide with the fringe field region. Is this an artifact due to the way the statistical parameters are computed? or something wrong with my model. Thank you,  -- Philippe.

image.png

Philippe Piot,
https://www.niu.edu/advanced-accelerator-randd/
Northern Illinois University, Dept of Physics and
Northern Illinois Center for Accelerator & Detector Development
DeKalb, IL 60115, USA
Tel: 815 753 6473, Web:  http://www.physics.niu.edu/physics/

Argonne National Laboratory, Advanced Photon Source
Accelerator System Division
Lemont, IL 60439, USA
Tel: 630 252 2415, Web:  https://www.aps.anl.gov/Accelerator-Systems-Division