opal - Re: [Opal] emission from RF-gun cavity wall

opal AT lists.psi.ch

Subject: The OPAL Discussion Forum

Re: [Opal] emission from RF-gun cavity wall

  • From: Philippe Piot <piot AT nicadd.niu.edu>
  • To: Philippe Piot <piot AT nicadd.niu.edu>
  • Cc: opal AT lists.psi.ch
  • Subject: Re: [Opal] emission from RF-gun cavity wall
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2020 06:35:28 -0600

Dear All,
  Thank for the answer to my items 2, and 4 below.
  - Regarding 1, I noticed that my simulation works if I turn off AUTOPHASE (set AUTOPHASE=0 instead of =4) and phase the cavity manually so the hanging seems to be due to the auto-phasing routine somehow.
  - Regarding 3, I would appreciate if somebody has good advice on how to emit a particle from an arbitrary location. It seems the emission mode is only for z=0 (so the cathode by convention is always located at z=0?). Related to this item, I also find in the manual there is a SOURCE element (sec. 6.4) but I am confused about its use or relevance and I could not find any mention of this element anywhere else (I try adding it in my simulation but it did not change anything as far as I can tell).

  All the best,  -- Philippe.