opal AT lists.psi.ch
Subject: The OPAL Discussion Forum
- From: "Snuverink Jochem (PSI)" <jochem.snuverink AT psi.ch>
- To: "piot AT nicadd.niu.edu" <piot AT nicadd.niu.edu>
- Cc: "opal AT lists.psi.ch" <opal AT lists.psi.ch>
- Subject: RE: [Opal] emission from RF-gun cavity wall
- Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2020 07:25:25 +0000
- Accept-language: en-US, de-CH
Concerning question 4:
Ø Finally, I saw OPAL has been used for dark current and multipacting studies https://arxiv.org/abs/1208.6577 . Are these capabilities still in Opal 2.2? Is there an example file that could be shared?
Multipacting is not supported anymore since 1.6, and has recently been removed completely from the codebase.
From: opal-request AT lists.psi.ch <opal-request AT lists.psi.ch>
On Behalf Of Nicole R Neveu
One more note, for #2, you can turn SC off by setting the solver type = NONE
FS_SC: Fieldsolver, FSTYPE = NONE,
MX = 8, MY = 8, MT = 16,
PARFFTX = false,
PARFFTY = false,
PARFFTT = true,
BCFFTX = open,
BCFFTY = open,
BCFFTT = open,
BBOXINCR = 1,
GREENSF = INTEGRATED;
<opal-request AT lists.psi.ch> on behalf of Philippe Piot <piot AT nicadd.niu.edu>
Regarding my question #1 below. I realize there is no way to locate the cathode at an arbitrary location for an "emitted" distribution and the reason my run was hanging on the gun is due to
particle not moving in my simulations... Thanks, -- Philippe.
On Mon, Jan 20, 2020 at 5:56 AM Philippe Piot <piot AT nicadd.niu.edu> wrote:
- [Opal] emission from RF-gun cavity wall, Philippe Piot, 01/20/2020
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.19.