opal - RE: [Opal] Loading initial distribution from Astra

opal AT lists.psi.ch

Subject: The OPAL Discussion Forum

RE: [Opal] Loading initial distribution from Astra

  • From: "Kuske, Bettina" <bettina.kuske AT helmholtz-berlin.de>
  • To: Wei Hou Tan <tanweihou AT outlook.com>, Nicole R Neveu <nneveu AT stanford.edu>
  • Cc: opal <opal AT lists.psi.ch>
  • Subject: RE: [Opal] Loading initial distribution from Astra
  • Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2020 11:04:23 +0000
  • Accept-language: de-DE, en-US

Hi Wie Hou,

as Nicole pointed out; you have to use “WRITETOFILE = True,” command

to get the initial distribution.

Besides:

·         ASTRA uses the z and pz relative to the reference particle, and OPAL uses

absolute values.

·         Units in OPAL are ‘m’ for position and ‘bg’ for the momentum

·         ASTRA uses ‘m’ and ‘eV/c’

So there is a little more conversion to be done. (also the different order: x, px, y py, z, pz)

Bettina