opal - AW: [Opal] example of parameter scan in opal

opal AT lists.psi.ch

Subject: The OPAL Discussion Forum

AW: [Opal] example of parameter scan in opal

  • From: "Frey Matthias (PSI)" <matthias.frey AT psi.ch>
  • To: opal <opal AT lists.psi.ch>, "piot AT nicadd.niu.edu" <piot AT nicadd.niu.edu>
  • Subject: AW: [Opal] example of parameter scan in opal
  • Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2020 11:52:04 +0000
  • Accept-language: de-DE, de-CH, en-US

Dear Philippe,

there's an example of the sampler in the manual

http://amas.web.psi.ch/opal/Documentation/master/OPAL_Manual.html#_example_input_file_2

In order to do scans, it's best you set RASTER=TRUE in the SAMPLE command, especially if you want to do multi-dimensional scans. Fuhrtermore, make sure you do not have any RANDOM=TRUE in the

individual SAMPLING commands. The sampler has the possibility to evaluate objectives like the optimizer.

http://amas.web.psi.ch/opal/Documentation/master/OPAL_Manual.html#sec.optimiser.opt-pilot-commands

The sampler then writes the objective output to the JSON file.

I've never used this option, hence, I do not have an example at hand. But maybe somebody else has one.

When you defined the objectives (i.e. obj1, obj2, ...), you have to put them into a list OBJECTIVES = {obj1, obj2, ...} in the SAMPLE command.

I hope this helps.

Best,

Matthias