opal - Re: [Opal] OPAL 2.4: Value of AUTOPHASE does not change

opal AT lists.psi.ch

Subject: The OPAL Discussion Forum

Re: [Opal] OPAL 2.4: Value of AUTOPHASE does not change

  • From: Christof Metzger-Kraus <christof.j.kraus AT gmail.com>
  • To: Simon Friederich <sifriede AT uni-mainz.de>
  • Cc: "opal AT lists.psi.ch" <opal AT lists.psi.ch>
  • Subject: Re: [Opal] OPAL 2.4: Value of AUTOPHASE does not change
  • Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2021 21:34:28 +0100

Hi Simon,

it's correct that VALUE, OPTION->AUTOPHASE doesn't yield the correct value, but Opal-t still gets the correct value. With OPTION, AUTOPHASE=3 you create a new instance of the class Option which updates a global variable. If you would use

myOpt: OPTION, AUTOPHASE=3;
VALUE, myOpt->AUTOPHASE;

then you get the correct value also in the output. I've improved the source code such that the global instance of the class Option named OPTION is updated each time one sets an option.

Best regards,
Christof