opal - [Opal] Transverse Shift in Distribution from Monitors

opal AT lists.psi.ch

Subject: The OPAL Discussion Forum

[Opal] Transverse Shift in Distribution from Monitors

  • From: Chris Hall <chall AT radiasoft.net>
  • To: opal AT lists.psi.ch
  • Subject: [Opal] Transverse Shift in Distribution from Monitors
  • Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2021 22:18:54 -0600

Hi,

In an injector simulation in OPAL-T 2.4, with no bending magnets, I'm seeing a discrepancy I don't understand between the transverse distribution output from a Monitor element and the phase space dump near the same position.

The monitor output is clearly shifted almost exactly 5 mm in x (the same is true in y) compared to the PS dump which is centered nearly around 0.
image.png
Is there some shifting that can occur due to measurement against the reference particle in this case, or is there perhaps something else going on?

--

Chris hall

Research Scientist | RadiaSoft

720-502-3928 x709 | chall AT radiasoft.net

radiasoft.net | sirepo.com