opal - [Opal] RMS_BeamSize

opal AT lists.psi.ch

Subject: The OPAL Discussion Forum

[Opal] RMS_BeamSize

  • From: "Zahra" <zahrafathi1371 AT gmail.com>
  • To: opal AT lists.psi.ch
  • Subject: [Opal] RMS_BeamSize
  • Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2021 13:23:48 +0200

Hi OPAL group!
I am new to OPAL. I simulated the beam of a 11MeV Cyclotron using OPAL2.4.0. I
want to study beam characteristics like beam size. I want to reach the bunch
distribution. Is there a way to obtain total beam size (not its rms)?
As we know, rms_x,_y and_s are exist in .stat file, which I drew rms_x,_y
and_s vs Energy. It is in this link[https://postimg.cc/KKZP7rbD]. Is this
order of rms_BeamSize acceptable? And Is there a person who knows, what
happened on beam in 4-10 MeV which make rms_BeamSize (x and y) grow?
Any help is appreciated