opal - [Opal] About 3D E field map of RF cavity for compact cyclotron

opal AT lists.psi.ch

Subject: The OPAL Discussion Forum

[Opal] About 3D E field map of RF cavity for compact cyclotron

  • From: douguoliang <douguoliang AT impcas.ac.cn>
  • To: opal <opal AT lists.psi.ch>
  • Subject: [Opal] About 3D E field map of RF cavity for compact cyclotron
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2022 17:44:17 +0800

Hello all,

When I simulate the spiral sector cavity of cyclotron, opal shows the error about the type of 3D E field ( In attachment 1).

I set the magnetic field as BANDRF type. And I have converted the ascii format to H5block format by the python code (assii2h5block.py).  Since I only want to import 3D E field data, I removed all related H field code (Hx,Hy,Hz) from ascii2h5block.py. The H5block file finally generated is shown in Attachment 2. I have carefully compared the content of the data in both formats, and there is no abnormality.

So, can you give me some advice to solve it?

douguoliang
douguoliang AT impcas.ac.cn