opal - Re: [Opal] About 3D E field map of RF cavity for compact cyclotron

opal AT lists.psi.ch

Subject: The OPAL Discussion Forum

Re: [Opal] About 3D E field map of RF cavity for compact cyclotron

  • From: "Calvo Portela, Pedro" <Pedro.Calvo AT ciemat.es>
  • To: opal <opal AT lists.psi.ch>, douguoliang <douguoliang AT impcas.ac.cn>
  • Subject: Re: [Opal] About 3D E field map of RF cavity for compact cyclotron
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2022 10:07:45 +0000
  • Accept-language: es-ES, en-US

Hi

Currently, the BANDRF field map type needs both the E and B fields, even if you only want to use the electric field data. Therefore, your ascii2h5block file must include the magnetic field part with dummy values. This way the simulation should work.

There is an open issue (see https://gitlab.psi.ch/OPAL/src/-/issues/661) in the issue tracker to solve this in the future.

Cheers,
Pedro
Dr. Pedro Calvo Portela