controls-fel - [Controls-fel] Minutes of SwissFEL Controls Architecture meeting, 12.04.2013

controls-fel AT lists.psi.ch

Subject: SwissFEL Controls Architecture

[Controls-fel] Minutes of SwissFEL Controls Architecture meeting, 12.04.2013

  • From: "White, Greg" <greg AT slac.stanford.edu>
  • To: "controls-fel AT lists.psi.ch" <controls-fel AT lists.psi.ch>
  • Subject: [Controls-fel] Minutes of SwissFEL Controls Architecture meeting, 12.04.2013
  • Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 08:31:57 -0700
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US

Colleagues,

Please find the minutes of today's SwissFEL Controls Architecture meeting in
Alfresco [1].

Key points:

RESOLUTION: Software architecture documents will be in HTML
RESOLUTION: Code for now will go to CVS, then all the code base will go to
e.g. GIT later, as a single unit.
ACTION: RK will make benefit/cost evaluation of choices for the new
versioning systems
RESOLUTION: migration of the CVS versioning system will be done by 1st jan
2014
RESOLUTION: Use NFS to host IOC software
RESOLUTION: We'll use SWIT for IOC, something else for applications at host
level
ACTION: GW before leaving, will write down a proposal for MAtlab and service
sw release installation
ACTION: EZ will talk to Helge about NFS support in windows with respect to
the development environment
RESOLUTION: Windows will be used at IOC levels, plus some development
environment for Windows will be needed. This means that the same "escalation
mechanism" must run on both linux and Win. We don't need Win for
intermediate/service level, and we will try to avoid it on consoles. This
resolution has been taken after advice from Windows experts before the
meeting (Helge)

Cheers
Greg

[1]
https://ecm.psi.ch/alfresco/d/d/workspace/SpacesStore/0290fd6e-a7e8-4537-8d59-04b065f7e232/minutes_20130412.txt

  • [Controls-fel] Minutes of SwissFEL Controls Architecture meeting, 12.04.2013, White, Greg, 04/12/2013