h5part - Re: [H5part] Repo reorganization

h5part AT lists.psi.ch

Subject: H5Part development and discussion

Re: [H5part] Repo reorganization

  • From: Achim Gsell <Achim.Gsell AT psi.ch>
  • To: h5part AT lists.psi.ch
  • Subject: Re: [H5part] Repo reorganization
  • Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 11:10:19 +0100

On Friday 01 December 2006 01:02, Wes Bethel wrote:

> With a couple of hints from Cristina, I was able to do an svn co from
> https://svn.psi.ch/H5Part/H5Part.

The URL https://svn.psi.ch/H5Part/H5Part should alway work, don't know why
you got on 404-error at your first try. The URL

https://svn.psi.ch/H5Part/Apps

has been obsoleted due to PSI conventions for Subversion repositories.
Repositories for applications are at the same level as the H5Part repository.
For now we have the following repositories:

https://svn.psi.ch/H5Part/H5Memos
https://svn.psi.ch/H5Part/H5Papers
https://svn.psi.ch/H5Part/H5Part
https://svn.psi.ch/H5Part/H5Root
https://svn.psi.ch/H5Part/Hdf5fed

> I was not prompted for a username -- is that the expected behavior?

The Subversion client keeps your user name/password. I guess, that you
checked out the repository once and the client already knows your password.

> After poking around in the subdirs for a few minutes, I have some questions
and comments. We can chat about these at the confc call on Monday.

> - I see there's no "configure" file in the 1.2 directory.
>
> - I strongly suggest that svn checkin generate email that goes to
> interested
parties. That way, we'll know there is activity. That email need not go to
the h5part list. I would certainly like to receive such email. This kind of
email is normal and customary in my experience in collaborative development
projects.