h5part - Re: [H5part] Repo reorganization

h5part AT lists.psi.ch

Subject: H5Part development and discussion

Re: [H5part] Repo reorganization

  • From: Achim Gsell <Achim.Gsell AT psi.ch>
  • To: h5part AT lists.psi.ch
  • Subject: Re: [H5part] Repo reorganization
  • Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 11:22:50 +0100

Oops! Pressed the send button accidentally ....

On Friday 01 December 2006 01:02, Wes Bethel wrote:

> With a couple of hints from Cristina, I was able to do an svn co from
> https://svn.psi.ch/H5Part/H5Part.

The URL https://svn.psi.ch/H5Part/H5Part should alway work, don't know why
you got on 404-error at your first try. The URL

https://svn.psi.ch/H5Part/Apps

has been obsoleted due to PSI conventions for Subversion repositories.
Repositories for applications are at the same level as the H5Part repository.
For now we have the following repositories:

https://svn.psi.ch/H5Part/H5Memos
https://svn.psi.ch/H5Part/H5Papers
https://svn.psi.ch/H5Part/H5Part
https://svn.psi.ch/H5Part/H5Root
https://svn.psi.ch/H5Part/Hdf5fed

> I was not prompted for a username -- is that the expected behavior?

The Subversion client keeps your user name/password. I guess, that you
checked out the repository once and the client already knows your password.
You can remove the cached information be deleting everything in
~/.subversion/auth.

> - I see there's no "configure" file in the 1.2 directory.

Yes, there is no "configure". A repository should only contain files which
can
*not* be re-created - this is common and best practice. You have to
call "autogen.sh".

> - I strongly suggest that svn checkin generate email that goes to interested
> parties. That way, we'll know there is activity. That email need not go to
> the h5part list. I would certainly like to receive such email. This kind of
> email is normal and customary in my experience in collaborative development
> projects.

There will be a mailing-list "h5part-commits AT lists.psi.ch" soon. This list
will be open to everone for subscription, but only our Subversion server will
be allowed to post mails.

Cheers

Achim