opal - [Opal] trackOrbit

opal AT lists.psi.ch

Subject: The OPAL Discussion Forum

[Opal] trackOrbit

  • From: Suzie Sheehy <suzie.sheehy AT stfc.ac.uk>
  • To: <opal AT lists.psi.ch>
  • Subject: [Opal] trackOrbit
  • Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2011 12:00:29 +0100

Hi all,

A quick question - I want to use the data from tracking 13 particles (with no
space charge) to determine the transfer matrix and therefore tunes in a more
accurate way than the 2 particle method currently used. This is a standard
technique in other tracking codes.

Using OPAL-CYCL, when I try tracking 13 particles by using the "fromfile"
command for the distribution, data for all 13 particles is dumped fine into
the .h5 file, but is there any way to get the phase space data of all 13
particles to dump to a non-h5 file? (I note that the trackOrbit file is only
saving information about one or two particles...? Can this be used for all 13
somehow?)

Thanks,
Suzie

Suzie Sheehy
Research Fellow and 2010 Brunel Fellow
Royal Commission for the Exhibition of 1851
ASTeC Intense Beams Group
Rutherford Appleton Laboratory (R2, 403)
Didcot, Oxon, OX11 0QX
+44 (0)1235 446 782
suzie.sheehy AT stfc.ac.uk
www.suziesheehy.co.uk