opal - Re: [Opal] trackOrbit

opal AT lists.psi.ch

Subject: The OPAL Discussion Forum

Re: [Opal] trackOrbit

  • From: jjyang <jianjun.yang AT psi.ch>
  • To: opal AT lists.psi.ch
  • Subject: Re: [Opal] trackOrbit
  • Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2011 10:34:37 +0200

Hi Suzie,

In the parallel codes such as OPAL-CYCL, the prefer choose is trying to dump
most of data into h5 file and as less as data in ASCII file as possible.

For your purpose, there is a easy way to get the data.
You can load the h5 file into H5root and display what you want, then save
this displayed figure in *.cxx format by select "File->Print" and set the
item "Files of type" to "C++ macro".
Then you can get the data for in this code which give you the data for all
particles on the line "graph->SetPoint(...,...,...)".

Cheers,

Jianjun Yang
Post-doctoral
Massachusetts Institute of Technology