opal - Re: [Opal] Re: part statistic.dat

opal AT lists.psi.ch

Subject: The OPAL Discussion Forum

Re: [Opal] Re: part statistic.dat

  • From: Andreas Adelmann <andreas.adelmann AT psi.ch>
  • To: opal AT lists.psi.ch
  • Subject: Re: [Opal] Re: part statistic.dat
  • Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 02:51:54 +0200

Hi Fred you can display the content of any hdf file with h5dump or h5ls (using the hdf5 utilities)

See the manpage or http://davis.lbl.gov/Manuals/HDF5-1.4.3/Tutor/util.html

For the other stuff Chuan has to answer.

Cheers Andreas

On Oct 19, 2011, at 4:50 PM, frederic.le.pimpec wrote:

Hi Chuan,
Something is strange with the last column of the  partstatistic.dat file
#Time/ns     tot_impac      tot_sey    TotalCharge      PartNum

You write the PartNum is the number of particles at the end of the simulation. In my case I start with a few 1e4 and endup with 4e6 particles.
When using H5root, it has a filed called Entries wich is an integer.
This field changes at every step looked at, but it never shows the same number as the PartNum, the last step it shows 79000 particles, not 4e6.
So at the end what is the difference.
How many particles do I really have  at the end of my simulation ?

I am trying to load in matlab the h5 file which is not standard, hence I have no clue about what is in the .h5 file
and writing:  h5disp('ctf3-injector-darkcurrent-1.h5')
displays a very very long list of stuff which is in !
is there any way to display only the variables and their size ? and how many step numbers are in the file.

Please note that I did not re-run the simulation since you have normally fixed the PartStatistic.dat header

bests
Frederic

wangchuan02513 wrote:
Hi, Frederic, The number of particles in *.oxxx file is the number of
macro particles in simulation, however the last column in .dat file
is the number of physical particles which you are interested in. And
I'll fix the header problem as soon as possible, but it will not
affect the result you get. Best regards Chuan

------
Dr. sc. math. Andreas (Andy) Adelmann
Staff Scientist
Paul Scherrer Institut WLGB/132 CH-5232 Villigen PSI
Phone Office: xx41 56 310 42 33 Fax: xx41 56 310 31 91
Phone Home: xx41 62 891 91 44
Thursdays: ETH CAB H 83.1  +41 44 632 36 72
The more exotic, the more abstract the knowledge,
the more profound will be its consequences.
Leon Lederman