opal - [Opal] Re: part statistic.dat

opal AT lists.psi.ch

Subject: The OPAL Discussion Forum

[Opal] Re: part statistic.dat

  • From: "frederic.le.pimpec" <frederic.le.pimpec AT psi.ch>
  • To: wangchuan02513 <wangchuan02513 AT 163.com>
  • Cc: "opal AT lists.psi.ch" <opal AT lists.psi.ch>
  • Subject: [Opal] Re: part statistic.dat
  • Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 10:26:07 +0200

Hi Chuan,

I missed an email it seems.

I was effectively guessing that one was the macroparticle and the other the real particles.

Now it is clear ! No more confusion on my side

Actually H5root is very useful to see how the distribution evolves step by step, without to have to write a small program.
now the surface losses h5 files is not standard that h5root cannot open it.
So here again it is a weird way to look at what it is in.

Maybe the manual, in an annex, could list the parameters which are dumped in the various h5 files.
And give an example on how to load some of the parameters with matlab, Maple, Mathematica etc...

bests
Frederic

wangchuan02513 wrote:
Hi, Frederic, The last column of the partstatistic.dat file is the
number of the physical particles, and the particle number in .h5 file
or the .out file is the number of macro particles in simulation. They
have different meaning as I've mentioned in previous emails that, the
number of the physical particles is equal to the sum of the charge of
all macro particles in simulation divided by the charge of one
particle of initial bunch. This charge weight is used to prevent
memory exhaustion as both field emission and secondary emission may
emit unlimited number of particles.

So what you are interested in each time step should be the number of
the physical particles but not the macro particle number. And you may
not need to use either h5root or h5dump as a post processing tool for
dark current simuation.

I'm now coming back to work on those addtional output that you are
interested in postprocessing as you mentioned in your last email.

Best regards Chuan

At 2011-10-19 22:50:16,"frederic.le.pimpec"