opal - [Opal] RE: normalized emittance OPAL

opal AT lists.psi.ch

Subject: The OPAL Discussion Forum

[Opal] RE: normalized emittance OPAL

  • From: "Haj Tahar, Malek" <mhajtahar AT bnl.gov>
  • To: "opal AT lists.psi.ch" <opal AT lists.psi.ch>
  • Subject: [Opal] RE: normalized emittance OPAL
  • Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2015 01:37:09 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23:r3EU5RWfmYLfHX0A45xM76JIgPDV8LGtZVwlr6E/grcLSJyIuqrYZhKGt8tkgFKBZ4jH8fUM07OQ6PC8HzVdqsrQ+Fk5M7VyFDY9wf0MmAIhBMPXQWbaF9XNKxIAIcJZSVV+9Gu6O0UGUOz3ZlnVv2HgpWVKQka3CwN5K6zPF5LIiIzvjqbpq8GVOlgD2Gv1SIgxBSv1hD2ZjtMRj4pmJ/R54TryiVwMRd5rw3h1L0mYhRf265T41pdi9yNNp6BprJYYAu2pN5g/GPZfFD0iG2Q0/9Hw8wHYTE2E5jFUBmIOmx5gBwne8Aq8Rozw9CD64LlTwi6faIfWRLJ8ZT2i5r0vADrhjCoEfXZt9WHeiNB5jKtBiBino1pwxJCCM9LdD+Z3Yq6IJYBSfmFGRMsEDyE=

I believe that the answer lies in the definition of the trace space emittance.
I found a nice paper comparing the development of the normalized emittance and the normalized trace space emittance.

http://journals.aps.org/prstab/pdf/10.1103/PhysRevSTAB.6.034202

Best regards,

Malek