opal - Re: [Opal] V1.2 and V1.4

opal AT lists.psi.ch

Subject: The OPAL Discussion Forum

Re: [Opal] V1.2 and V1.4

  • From: "Russell, Steve" <srussell AT lanl.gov>
  • To: "andreas.adelmann AT psi.ch" <andreas.adelmann AT psi.ch>
  • Cc: "nneveu AT hawk.iit.edu" <nneveu AT hawk.iit.edu>, "opal AT lists.psi.ch" <opal AT lists.psi.ch>
  • Subject: Re: [Opal] V1.2 and V1.4
  • Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2015 21:02:05 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

The 1D and 2D magnetostatic field maps are scaled by the max. abs(Bz)
field value. For a 1D field, this is the same as the max. abs(Bz) field
on axis because of how the field is defined. For the 2D fields, OPAL-t
uses the max. abs(Bz) value in the file (and not necessarily on axis).

Note that the 3DMagnetoStaticH5Block field map (which is not yet
documented) does not scale the field map.