opal - [Opal] RFCavity length and field output for OPAL-t

opal AT lists.psi.ch

Subject: The OPAL Discussion Forum

[Opal] RFCavity length and field output for OPAL-t

  • From: "Dragos Constantin" <dragos.constantin AT varian.com>
  • To: opal AT lists.psi.ch
  • Subject: [Opal] RFCavity length and field output for OPAL-t

Dear Colleagues,
I have some questions regarding RFCavity and field output in OPAL-t mode.

In the manual, at page 88, it is stated that the frequency of the RFCavity
card overrides the frequency defined in the FMAPFN file header. Is this true
for the length of the RFCavity as well? I mean, if I would like to change the
length of the RFCavity, do I have to edit the FMAPFN header to adjust the grid
dimension as well?

Along these lines, how do I get the fields used by OPAL-t in its calculations?
I would like to double-check that the fields used are correct. The manual
specifies only output options for OPAL-cycl as described in Chapter 11.

Thanks,
Dragos