opal - [Opal] About 3D Electric Field

opal AT lists.psi.ch

Subject: The OPAL Discussion Forum

[Opal] About 3D Electric Field

  • From: douguoliang <douguoliang AT impcas.ac.cn>
  • To: opal <opal AT lists.psi.ch>
  • Subject: [Opal] About 3D Electric Field
  • Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2022 18:28:32 +0800

Hi , all

I'm using 3D electric fields to simulate the spiral sectors cyclotron. When using the field of type BANDRF , we need to set the parameter of ESCALE. I don't understand why  need to set the parameter ESCALE, and I want to verify my idea. Here is my understanding.

In fact, the same electric field has different energy gain for particles due to different number of grid points. OPAL uses raw imported electric fields from users without interpolation. The ESCALE is the ratio of the actual high-frequency voltage to the voltage obtained by integrating the imported electric field.

I'm not sure if I understand this correctly. Hope everyone can give some advice.

Best wishes,
Dou

douguoliang
douguoliang AT impcas.ac.cn