opal - [Opal] Source code about computing self-field.

opal AT lists.psi.ch

Subject: The OPAL Discussion Forum

[Opal] Source code about computing self-field.

  • From: "sherlp" <1341516422 AT qq.com>
  • To: opal AT lists.psi.ch
  • Subject: [Opal] Source code about computing self-field.
  • Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2022 16:20:45 +0200

Dear all,

While computing self-field in OPAL-CYCL, a cubic domain containing all
macroparticles is created and then discretized. After that, all particles are
scattered on the grids. And I have found the scatter() function whose
annotation says 'scatter particles charge onto grid' at(although I don't know
how it actually works)

https://gitlab.psi.ch/OPAL/src/-/blob/master/src/Classic/Algorithms/PartBunch.cpp#L640

And I got this from computeSelfFields_cycl() function at

https://gitlab.psi.ch/OPAL/src/-/blob/master/src/Algorithms/ParallelCyclotronTracker.cpp#L3368

But I couldn't find any statement to create the whole physical domain to
discretize and scatter particles.

I think the statement should be after the time integration of bunch and before
the next scattering on grids to compute self-field because we should know the
position and boundary of bunch to contain all macroparticles but I still
couldn't find it.

Best regards,
Sherlp