opal - Re: [Opal] Source code about computing self-field.

opal AT lists.psi.ch

Subject: The OPAL Discussion Forum

Re: [Opal] Source code about computing self-field.

  • From: "sherlp" <1341516422 AT qq.com>
  • To: opal AT lists.psi.ch
  • Subject: Re: [Opal] Source code about computing self-field.
  • Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2022 14:42:16 +0200

Dear Andy and Muralikrishnan,

Thank you for the help, I also found the boundp() function and have verified
the effect of it now.

I'm a senior and working on my undergraduate thesis at CIAE. What I want to
accomplish is to remove domain mapping which maps all particles to a fixed
computation domain [-1,1]^3 but build AMR hierarchy in physical
domain(bounding box) directly under AMR solver. I have communicated with Dr.
Frey via mails about the feasibility. So I would like to figure out where OPAL
sets the bounding box in FFT solver and where OPAL sets the initial AMR domain
and then combine them together to get a faster calculation in our particular
FFAG simulation.

Best regards,
Sherlp