h5part - Re: [H5part] Re: project page, svn checkout instructions, etc.

h5part AT lists.psi.ch

Subject: H5Part development and discussion

Re: [H5part] Re: project page, svn checkout instructions, etc.

  • From: Wes Bethel <ewbethel AT lbl.gov>
  • To: Achim Gsell <Achim.Gsell AT psi.ch>
  • Cc: h5part AT lists.psi.ch
  • Subject: Re: [H5part] Re: project page, svn checkout instructions, etc.
  • Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 08:57:36 -0700

Achim Gsell wrote:
> Hi Wes
>
> On Wednesday 18 April 2007 01:33, Wes Bethel wrote:
>
>> 1. Where is the "top level web page" for H5part? Looking through old
>> emails, I saw one from Achim dated 9/6/2006 that included a URL
>> http://h5part.web.psi.ch/ That web page does exist
>
> This is the official "top level web page".

OK.

>> 2. Following the link from that page to "Downloading H5Part", you end up
>> here: http://h5part.web.psi.ch/Downloading.html. The instructions on
>> that page do not work for me: the SVN passwd "svn" is rejected.
>
> Oops, the download instructions are completely outdated.

OK. :-)

>> 3. Can some kind person please update the instructions for downloading
>> H5part with ones that are correct and work?
>
> I will update the instructions asap!
>
> A short instruction + some hints and remarks:
>
> Anonymous download with user name "svn" is not possible! This is a
> consequence
> of LBNL's need to count the downloads. You have to use the user
> name "l_bethel". I suppose you forgot your password ;-), I will send you a
> new one in another email ...

IIRC, my user name is l_wes, and I do have the passwd. I entered both
and received a server error in response.

> For anonymous download we should setup the agreed procedure:
> As soon as a new version is available some guy runs
> svn checkout https://svn.psi.ch/H5Part/H5Part/tags/H5Part-<version>
> cd H5Part-<version>
> ./autogen.sh
> ./configure
> make dist-bzip2
> and copies the created tar-file to the H5Part download directory at LBNL. I
> can do this provided that I get access to this directory.

OK. The place where these tarballs need to go on our end is here:
https://codeforge.lbl.gov/projects/h5part/

For the moment, I'm probably the only person that can upload tarballs
there. We need to get Kurt set up so he can upload tarballs with each
new release.

> The current version of H5Part is 1.3.1.
>
> I need to know the URL to the H5Part download directory for the update of
> the
> web page.

Let's use this one: https://codeforge.lbl.gov/projects/h5part/

I'll upload the 1.3.1 tarball there shortly.

> I will (most likely) attend the AFS workshop in Stanford from May 8.-11. -
> good opportunity to visit LBNL for 1 or 2 days and to discuss/implement
> some
> open points.

Sounds good.

tx,