h5part AT lists.psi.ch
Subject: H5Part development and discussion
- From: John Biddiscombe <biddisco AT cscs.ch>
- To: h5part AT lists.psi.ch
- Subject: [H5part] H5Part Conventions
- Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 09:34:06 +0200
- List-archive: <https://lists.web.psi.ch/pipermail/h5part/>
- List-id: H5Part development and discussion <h5part.lists.psi.ch>
Discussing standard attributes...
I'd like to start the ball rolling by saying that we routinely use an attribute attached to the time step group which is called "TimeValue". This is a double precision value representing the actual time for the step in question. I'd very much like this to be documented somewhere as a 'convention' so that if and when others have need of the time, they use the same method.
// Write out a TimeValue attribute for this step
h5part_int64_t attrib = H5PartWriteStepAttrib(
this->H5FileId, "TimeValue", H5T_NATIVE_DOUBLE, &this->TimeValue, 1);
John Biddiscombe, email:biddisco @ cscs.ch
CSCS, Swiss National Supercomputing Centre | Tel: +41 (91) 610.82.07
Via Cantonale, 6928 Manno, Switzerland | Fax: +41 (91) 610.82.82
- [H5part] H5Part Conventions, John Biddiscombe, 06/13/2007
- Re: [H5part] H5Part Conventions, John Shalf, 06/14/2007
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.19.