idok-users - Re: [idok-users] some trouble with hostnames (corba trouble)

idok-users AT lists.psi.ch

Subject: iDok user discussion

Re: [idok-users] some trouble with hostnames (corba trouble)

  • From: Gyuris Szabolcs <szimszon AT oregpreshaz.eu>
  • To: idok-users AT lists.psi.ch
  • Subject: Re: [idok-users] some trouble with hostnames (corba trouble)
  • Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2009 09:41:00 +0200

> Hi,
> good to hear that corba is working now as I couldn't really figure out
> what could have have caused that behavior. :)
>
>> Where is the 127.0.0.1, who can I change to the real IP?
>
> The "idok_admin" script file defaults to the localhost if a variable is
> not set:
>
> if [ -z $IDOKSERVER ]; then
> IDOKSERVER=localhost
> fi

In all script I have changed the IDOKSERVER to the proper domain name.
Without it all script failed to connect to corba...

It's if the server (corba or orb or I don't know :) tell the client to
connect to 127.0.0.1:37677 or so... :(

If I route the server's port to localhost with ssh everything works :-o

--
\\/// http://linux.oregpreshaz.eu/ Thawte & CACert
O O / http://www.oregpreshaz.eu/