idok-users - Re: [idok-users] some trouble with hostnames (corba trouble)

idok-users AT lists.psi.ch

Subject: iDok user discussion

Re: [idok-users] some trouble with hostnames (corba trouble)

  • From: Florian Hübner <florian.huebner AT psi.ch>
  • To: szimszon AT oregpreshaz.eu
  • Cc: idok-users AT lists.psi.ch
  • Subject: Re: [idok-users] some trouble with hostnames (corba trouble)
  • Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2009 14:02:40 +0200

Can corba somehow fallback to 127.0.0.1?
Not that I am aware of but maybe its the default if nothing else is given.
Could it be that orbd doesn't honour -ORBInitialHost ?

It certainly should...
If this ORB doesnt work maybe you could try the "start-server-sunorb" or "start-server-jacorb" targets.
Maybe you could take a look at the setup_test_server_ubuntu.sh that was used to create VMware server image avaiable at our webpage, even if I think we didnt left out anything important.

After that I am pretty much out of ideas... :/