opal - [Opal] Thermionic Gun

opal AT lists.psi.ch

Subject: The OPAL Discussion Forum

[Opal] Thermionic Gun

  • From: Nicole Neveu <nneveu AT hawk.iit.edu>
  • To: opal AT lists.psi.ch
  • Subject: [Opal] Thermionic Gun
  • Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2015 11:53:01 -0500

Hello,

I am a new user of OPAL, and I've been simulating photoinjectors. When I first started it was a great help to look at the PITZ gun file that Steve Russell passed along.

Now, I would like to simulate a thermionic gun. I think making the switch would mainly consist of adjustments to the beam distribution, and of course new field files. I have a good idea of where to start based on chapter 11 of the manual, but it would be great if I could see an example input file. Do you guys know of anyone who has simulated thermionic guns in OPAL?

Thanks!

Nicole Neveu

Argonne National Lab
http://www.hep.anl.gov/awa/