opal - Re: [Opal] Some questions regarding OPAL

opal AT lists.psi.ch

Subject: The OPAL Discussion Forum

Re: [Opal] Some questions regarding OPAL

  • From: Galo Gallardo <ggallardo AT hi-iberia.es>
  • To: "Calvo Portela, Pedro" <Pedro.Calvo AT ciemat.es>
  • Cc: opal AT lists.psi.ch
  • Subject: Re: [Opal] Some questions regarding OPAL
  • Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2023 10:34:10 +0200

El 2023-10-13 08:20, Calvo Portela, Pedro escribió:
Dear Galo

You can find several examples of OPAL in the regression tests, beyond
AWAPHotoinjector (see
https://gitlab.psi.ch/OPAL/src/-/wikis/Examples/RegressionTestExamples,
https://gitlab.psi.ch/OPAL/regression-tests)

If you need more information about the different output files, you can
check the manual. There is a section within the OPAL-t chapter where
the different output files are described.

Regarding the DONES simulations, I myself ran for a while DONES
simulations using OPAL-t to evaluate the particle-matter interactions
of the deuteron beam, even though they were very simple simulations.

Best regards
Pedro

Dear Pedro,

Thanks for your reply too!

I will check those other regression examples aswell. In reference to the DONES simulations, can you elaborate a bit more on them? It does sound interesting. It is also nice to see someone using OPAL, since all the people we have talked to used only TraceWin.

Best regards,

Galo Gallardo