opal AT lists.psi.ch
Subject: The OPAL Discussion Forum
- From: Daniel Winklehner <winklehn AT mit.edu>
- To: Chris Rogers <chris.rogers AT stfc.ac.uk>
- Cc: "opal AT lists.psi.ch" <opal AT lists.psi.ch>
- Subject: Re: [Opal] OPAL on Cygwin?
- Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2018 13:18:55 +0000
- Accept-language: en-US
Alternatively, if you have Windows 10 you can try the WSL (Windows Subsystem
for Linux). I’m using it for everything Linux-related nowadays.
> On Jan 23, 2018, at 04:54, Chris Rogers <chris.rogers AT stfc.ac.uk> wrote:
> You could try running a virtual machine like VirtualBox under windows with
> a full linux install. If that's an option, I suspect it will be easier;
> it's how I run OPAL on my laptop.
>> On 23/01/18 07:44, Matt Easton 董昊 wrote:
>> Hello there!
>> I’m trying to set up OPAL for the first time. Sadly my work computer runs
>> Windows, which makes things more difficult. Has anyone had success using
>> OPAL on Cygwin before?
>> I’m currently stuck on the step of installing H5hut. I think I’ve got all
>> the prerequisites installed properly. The configuration seems to go ok.
>> But in the build step I get an error: “Unknown type name ‘MPI_COMM’”.
>> If I add “include <mpi.h>” to h5_types.h, then this error goes away, but I
>> think this should a be a configuration issue, I don’t think I should be
>> messing with the source code. Even with this include line added, I get a
>> later error that various “HSPset_xxxx_mpio” functions are not defined
>> properly. It seems to be that the connection from H5hut to Open MPI isn’t
>> working properly…
>> Thanks so much for any help!
> ISIS Intense Beams Group
> tel: +44 (0)1235 44 6983
> Building R2,
> Rutherford Appleton Laboratory,
> Harwell Science and Innovation Campus,
> OX11 0QX
- Re: [Opal] OPAL on Cygwin?, Adelmann Andreas (PSI), 01/23/2018
- <Possible follow-up(s)>
- [Opal] OPAL on Cygwin?, Matt Easton 董昊, 01/23/2018
- Re: [Opal] OPAL on Cygwin?, Chris Rogers, 01/23/2018
- Re: [Opal] OPAL on Cygwin?, Christof Metzger-Kraus, 01/24/2018
- RE: [Opal] OPAL on Cygwin?, Matt Easton 董昊, 01/25/2018
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.19.